DEWEL PRO Annual Writing Scholarship
Are you creative? Do you have a competitive edge? Are you a natural wordsmith? If so, DEWEL PRO needs you.
Take part in our Annual Writing Scholarship! With a whopping prize pool of $1,000, you could secure the funding you need to thrive.
Ready to see what it takes to win? Let's jump right into the details!
How Can I Take Part In The Scholarship?
To be in with a chance you do need to meet some criteria. Why? Because we want the best of the best! So, here are the basics:
- Be an active university or college student.
- For those of you in college, you need to score at least 70% in your last grade.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher if you're a university student.
- Be between 18 to 30 years old.
- Speak and write fluently in English.
If you meet all of the above, you're free to move onto the next section.
What Do I Need to Do?
Here at DEWEL PRO, we are looking for someone who can evoke feelings and influence through their words. To prove that you have what it takes, we ask that you write an article on one of these topics:
- Why Is Studying Abroad Important?
- How Will Your Dog Benefit From DEWEL PRO Flea Collars?
- What Are The Active Ingredients in DEWEL PRO Flea Collars?
Your article needs to between 500 and 700 words. Just let go and allow your creativity to flow — that's the only way to win!
What Guidelines Should I Follow When Writing The Article?
We don't want to limit your creativity, but, we've had to put some guidelines in place to ensure everyone is in with a fair shot.
Before you start unleashing your writing flow, take a look at the following rules:
- Use Microsoft Word or Google Documents. This ensures we can open and read your masterpiece once you've sent it off.
- Proofreading is key! Avoid spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Use "Arial" or "Times New Roman" font.
- Keep the body text font size at 12.
- For headings, pick the appropriate style from the word editor (i.e. Heading One, Heading Two, Heading Three, etc.).
- Make sure you cite your sources at the end under the heading "Sources".
- Write in US English.
- Be plagiarism-free (we will be checking!).
- Using images is optional. If you do decide to use them, make sure you credit the correct person or use royalty-free pictures.
Make sense? Excellent! As we said, we're not going to dampen your creativity, but it's crucial that you understand and follow instructions accordingly. After all, that's part of your journey to success!
How Do I Submit The Article?
When you are finished writing your article (making sure you have followed the guidelines above, of course) you need to email it to our team at DEWEL PRO. Kindly use the email address email@example.com for this.
There are a few additional points to think about here. Don't worry, they're not extensive:
- Make sure you type "Submission of DEWEL PRO Annual Writing Scholarship Article" in the subject of the email.
- Ensure you write your full name and the name of your university or college in the body of the email.
- If you decided to use images in your article, attach them to the email separately.
- Don't forget to attach your GPA proof and your resume to the email.
When Should I Submit The Article?
The deadline for our Annual Writing Scholarship is August 6, so you have plenty of time to write something spectacular.
Sadly, we can't accept any articles after this so please make sure you submit your writing before this date.
For those of you who don't make it on time this year, don't worry too much! We'll be conducting this again next year so you can be in with a chance then.
What Are The Benefits of This Scholarship?
As we mentioned earlier, our prize pool is $1000. This will be split between the winner and two runners-up as follows:
- 1st place will receive $500.
- 2nd place will receive $350.
- 3rd place will receive $150.
But that's not all! There is a multitude of other exciting perks that come with obtaining a scholarship from us at DEWEL PRO. What kind of perks, we hear you ask? Let's get into it!
Before we start, just bear in mind that the additional benefits are for the 1st place person only. The runners-up will just receive the money.
If our content team deems you successful, you'll be given a chance to work as an intern (paid, of course) with them. This will open exciting doors that could lead to incredibly rewarding careers. You never know, you might be able to work for us full-time upon completion!
Additionally, your article will be published under DEWEL PRO copyright. How does this benefit you? Well, your words will be read by thousands of eyes! How cool is that?
Finally, as your journey with us progresses and you gain experience, we will give you various writing projects. You may well be managing people yourself by then!
What Else Do I Need to Know?
You already know the most important bits and bobs. However, we ask that you please read over the following to make sure you are fully informed before you participate in our DEWEL PRO Annual Writing Scholarship.
- When you submit your article, you hand over the rights to us. We, Dewel Pro, will be able to use it on our website as we choose.
- Even though we mentioned this before we'll say it again, we will not accept plagiarized material.
- If you write the article in a language other than English, we cannot accept it.
- Please refrain from submitting your article more than once! If you do, we will have to dispose of it, regardless of your writing quality.
- We will announce winners on September 6. This will only happen if we receive more than 10 submissions.
We can't wait to read your submissions! Good luck and happy writing!